Sunday, April 21, 2013

Anxious. Excited. Definitely.

B: Miss Agcaoili, will you be my first grade teacher next year?
Me: No, I'm sorry. I don't think so. The first grade teachers are fantastic though! You'll love them.
B: But I don't want them.. I want you.

Later, I found out that he wants me as his teacher next year because he thinks the other teachers aren't as pretty as me -____- What a little rascal.

When this student asked me about next year, it got me thinking.. are they ready for next year? Was I a good enough teacher? Am I too strict? Do I have too high of expectations? There are so many mixed emotions about sending my first class up to first grade, and truthfully, I'm not ready to let them go.

This week makes it one more month of school left for the year, and I'm nervous as to how the rest of the month will play out. There are so many events and activities going on that I can't keep everything straight! I'm a pretty organized and prepared person, but for once I feel frazzled by the deadlines and expectations. I just hope I have enough time for everything, and I hope I meet all the standards.

I think the topic I'm most anxious about is finding out where I'll be next year. I did everything I needed to, spoke to everyone I needed to speak to, and now it's a matter of waiting. I would love to stay at my school. I've made amazing friends, have the most rascal&adorable class, and am gaining so many experiences that I hope the journey doesn't end. Most importantly, it was everything I looked for in a school. I wanted to start with the barest classroom, scramble to build my own repertoire of resources, and learn what it is like to have to buy everything. Our newbie group is so strong that I hope we all stay together.

Until then, all I can do is have hope&faith that wherever I am placed will provide me with more learning opportunities and just appreciate what time I do have left with my kiddos.


B: Miss Agcaoili!!!
Me: Yes B.. why are you yelling?
B: I need help!!
Me: With what?
B: How do you spell 'I love my teacher'?
So I wrote it on a post-it for him

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...