Tuesday, December 24, 2013

13 in `13 Linky

Merry Christmas Eve everyone :) I can't believe it's finally Winter Break! Hooray! Yet.. I still went into my classroom for 3 hours to clean and set-up some things for yesterday. Seriously.. who does that!? I think there should be a club called Workaholics Anonymous HAHA I KEED! To kick off my Winter Break, I'm linking up with Dragonflies in First, A Teeny Tiny Teacher, and Miss Kindergarten for their 13 in '13 Linky Party. So much has happened in 2013 that I can't believe it's almost over! But here are my 13 favorite moments in 2013 :) It was definitely hard to choose.. but I think I'm satisfied with these selections. Hope you enjoy :)

[[ one ]]


When I was teaching kindergarten last school year, I had an incoming student from Vietnam within the first several days of school. I panicked! Not only did I have to build a classroom community with students from other classes as a mid-year hire, but I had to teach a child with NO ENGLISH whatsoever! This picture above brought me some happy tears because this reminds me that a determined boy with a supportive family can help me teach him English within a matter of months. He's come a long way, but this was one of the sweetest moments while grading his homework :)

[[ two ]]


We're considered two peas in a pod by the elementary school. So of course, when it came down to my first baseball game, we had to sit together! What a momentous occasion for my high school alma mater (and her sophomore year) because the baseball boys are STATE CHAMPIONS!

[[ three ]]



Before we began long distance, the best friend and I used to write letters to each other. I tried to fly up for his last and my cousin's first Linfield Luau. Unfortunately since school was still in session, I didn't have the chance to go. So what does this amazing sweet guy do?? He mails me the Luau shirt with the most adorable card ever that he wrote during work!! Seriously.. how do I deserve this guy?? :D

[[ four ]]


When I was in elementary school, I used to sing all the time to Shania Twain's CD. In June, I got to go to her concert at Caesar's Palace!! Then we got to watch Celine Dion a couple days later!! THANKS MOMMY!!

[[ five ]]


We've been friends since kindergarten. Every time I have a chance to go to Vegas, I always make TONS OF TIME FOR HER. I miss my Erin A LOT.

[[ six ]]


The last time I was in Vegas, I was 19. Now I'm wayyy of age. You bet I had to pull a slot machine at least once. & of course.. I was picky at which hotel I went to! So, I went to the Aria!

[[ seven ]]



Mommy took me on the vineyard wine tours in Sonoma and Napa. I felt so classy & fancy shmancy. I would love to go back to NorCal the next chance I get :)

[[ eight ]]


This was my 2nd time in San Francisco. Last time, I missed my opportunity to ride on the cable car. Boo. So when my mom asked if I wanted to, I felt like a little kid about to enter the candy store!! I know.. such a tourist..

[[ nine ]]


I miss my Peyton. We've gone through a lot since junior year of high school, but we've always stayed friends. It's always nice to see him when I visit Cali :)

[[ eleven ]]


If it weren't for these girls, I wouldn't have survived my first semester of teaching. They still are my rock for sure! I miss seeing them everyday at work, but I know they're doing an amazing job back at QKS :)

[[ twelve ]]



This past summer, I got to teach the class I've been dreaming of teaching since I first started my education journey. At my middle & high school alma mater, there is a course every summer for elementary students called Money Doesn't Grow on Trees. It's a business/economics course for students to understand the importance of money and how businesses operate. The best part -- it emphasizes project-based learning and thematic units :) I can't say how much I love thematic units.. so I was definitely in my element! --> click here to read my blog from this past summer

[[ thirteen ]]


My dream came true: I GOT FOURTH GRADE!! I can't believe a whole semester has gone by.. but it sure has been a blast. There has been many ups and downs, but I'm so proud to say they're my 27 kids :)


What are your 13 faveies for `13? Thank you girlies for all these link-ups :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...