Saturday, March 1, 2014

Currently March. Say WHAT!?

2014 is flying by VERY quickly! I wish it would slow down a little bit. That means there's only 2 more weeks of 3rd quarter.. and 2 months left with my first 4th grade class. Such a bittersweet moment in my book. But in any case.. as it's officially March 1st.. that means I'm linking up with Farley from Oh Boy Fourth Grade with her monthly currently!




L I S T E N I N G: I love How I Met Your Mother. I'm actually very sad the series will end at the end of this month. If you've never watched/heard of the television show, it's about a man named Ted who tells his two children the story of how he met his mother. He reveals some crazy not-so-serious and some serious relationships until he reveals the mother! It's legen- wait for it.. and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because there's - dary.

L O V I N G: My colleagues for sure! 4 of us spent this morning at Project GLAD. To be honest.. the state testing has been stressing me out. Let alone, this week was rough on me personally. But today, after such a tough week, my co-workers really cheered me up & I felt happy to just relax with them during our PD class. Recently, I've realized I've forgotten what it's like to be a normal human being throughout this 1st year of teaching. But today, I started feeling like me again :)

T H I N K I N G: How much I love TPT! Also linking up with Blog Hoppin'.. I had to share some of my amazing buys from yesterday's TPT sale. Living in Hawaii, I thought I was going to miss the sale!! Good thing I messaged Kristen from Ladybug Teacher Files and she told me the sale was still on! Thanks girl :)



First up, I want to talk about Kristen (Ladybug Teacher Files)'s Morphology Transitional Words posters. My students will begin her Morphology Dictionary on Monday. After a week of preparation and organization (and many questions from the lovely kiddos), I'm excited to finally get the dictionary up and running! Kristen's Transitional Words posters are definitely going to help with their opinion writing and giving them additional words to expand their lexicon for sure! I have been eyeing out Stephanie (Teaching in Room 6)'s Essay of the Month resource for MONTHS. I've read all the comments raving about her work; I just couldn't pass it up during this amazing sale. I'm excited to try it out for 4th quarter! Then last but not least, I talked about Rebecca Rojas (CreateTeachShare)'s 80+ Fraction Printables before. It was on my Christmas Wishlist to myself. So guess what.. I FINALLY BOUGHT IT! Finally a way for me to review those concepts before the last round of testing :)

Has anyone used them yet? Please let me know! I would love to hear what you think of these 3 products :) What did you all buy?? Linky up with Blog Hoppin' to share!


W A N T I N G: I've been looking at everyone's adorable new layouts. Definitely going to save up for a new blog layout!

N E E D I N G: With all their performance tasks completed this week, I have a few more assessments to grade. I'm proud to say most of it is graded! WOO HOO :) But then I have to finish my Project GLAD homework.. whoopsies..

S H O E S !? Hmm guess which one it belongs with ;)

Now that I'm starting to get out of my funky mood.. I hope to be updating more on my blog than I have been. Sorry blogging world.. but I'll be better.. I promise.

Have a good week lovebugs :)

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE How I Met Your Mother! I seriously watch it all the time on Netflix! Even if I've seen the episode 15 times I will love watching it!

    Your newest follower,
    Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I adore Ted. Poor guy. My other favorite show is The Big Bang Theory. Gotta love that Sheldon Cooper :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Leanna! This is my first time on your blog- I teach 4th grade as well and l.o.v.e it! We actually have pen pals in Hawaii this year and my students are having so much fun writing to them and hearing back! 1st year teaching is so crazy- I hope you are enjoying it! :-)

    Real Teachers Learn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :) I love 4th! They're so much fun to interact with, and they have the best stories for sure.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...