Saturday, August 2, 2014

Currently August

If you've been following me, and read yesterday's post, I started school yesterday! Holy moly... summer flew by wayyy too quickly. Since yesterday was August 1st, guess what that means!? It's time for the monthly Currently by Farley from Oh' Boy 4th Grade!


Listening: Love watching The Devil Wears Prada! Such a good reminder that life isn't always about the job and you should always remain true to yourself. That is all :)

Loving: This past week reminded me that I absolutely love working with the people I do and who I work for. They say that if you love what you do, then you're not working a day in your life. That's exactly how I felt this past week. & my 4ths (now 5ths) coming to visit me throughout the day filled my heart with joy. This summer was a rough one for me, but those kids knew how to have me smile for the 1st time in a long time <3

Thinking: Now that school started for us...where do I begin!? My school had enough money for B O T H new statewide curriculum this year!! So on top of moving grade levels and classrooms (again), learning about the new evaluation system, schedule changes, and set of standards...oh boy...I also have to learn new math and ELA curriculum. But, I'm happy that everything will all be done in one year!

Wanting: It is muggy and H O T in the 808 state. I'm happy the tradewinds are back because it makes it a little more bareable. But, it does suck when hot air blows at you. I hope this humidity goes down a little...then maybe the beach will have better weather. It's just wayyy too hot to lay out on the sand.

Needing: My classroom was ready for the first day of school...well the kids' areas were HA! I still need to put the information on the bulletin boards, organize certain areas in the classroom, and get an extra bookshelf. GAH. So much to do still!

1st Day You and Kids: Yes...Teacher Work Day began on July 28th. We had 4 days (2 Admin and 2 Teacher Work Days.) Oddly, we started school on a Friday. Although it felt kind of funny, it was nice to get most organizational and get to know you activities out of the way on an oddball day. Gotta find the positive right? :)

Join Farley's Currently with me!


2 comments:

  1. Found you through Farley's rule of 3 :) I sure am glad that I don't go back to school for another month with the hot and humid in NY during August. I can't imagine what it must be like in Hawaii! Best of luck during this year of firsts with curriculum and new grade level! I'm starting a new position as well...went from kindergarten for 7 years and starting as a reading AIS teacher. New beginnings are scary and exciting all at once. I hope it all goes well for you!
    LeAnne
    Hangin' with Mrs. Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you started early! I hope your first week went well! I am so jealous that you teach in Hawaii! I've always wanted to do that. I have to learn new curriculum this year, too! I'm teaching second grade for the first time, so I get how difficult it is to switch grades, too! Best of luck with your school year!

    Glitter is Everywhere

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...