Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Meet Teacher Blogger [[Linky Party]]





Hi friends! My name is Leanna and welcome to my blog A Little of LiLi. I'm 24.. soon to be a quarter of a century year-old and have had the craziest 1 1/2 years teaching so far. Although it has been anything but smooth sailing, I wouldn't have my journey be any other way :)

How crazy you ask? Well.. in the span of a year and a half.. I've been in 2 different schools.. 3 different grade levels.. and 3 different classrooms! I was displaced after my kindergarten mid-term due to low student count, but happy to find a home at my current school :)


When I don't think about school (which I must admit is really difficult).. I have the most amazing family and friends as a support system. They are understanding of the craziness I'm going through with all the changes this year in the state and in my own classroom.



THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...
The color yellow. Traveling. Singing in the car. Dancing in my classroom when no one is around. Sewing by hand. Starbucks! Japanese food (especially sushi). Gelato. Italian food. Chocolate! The beach. Small local boutiques. Banana Republic. Kate Spade. Tory Burch. Longchamp (best teacher bag everrr). Romantic comedies. Photography. Learning about new cultures.

IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
When I was in high school, I wanted to be a pharmacist. My favorite aunty was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease when I was young, and she was the best. The stories my mom shared with me about her prior to her diagnosis, it just made me appreciate my time with her so much more. I watched her illness progress up until her passing when I was a sophomore in high school. I couldn't believe how a woman with such love and selflessness to others can have a terminal disease. My hope was to help develop and find a cure for Alzheimer's Disease in honor of my aunty. (But that didn't happen because I sucked in chemistry..)

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
Trustworthy. Caring. Happy.

FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"
"I don't need school supplies, said no teacher ever!!"

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?
Oh my.. that's a tough one..

If it's someone to help start the party.. then it has to be Justin Timberlake or Adam Lavigne.
If it's someone I want to have a deep conversation with.. then I hope for Oprah Winfrey.
If it's just guys that we all just want to be googly eyes for.. then I say Ian Harding (Ezra Fits from Pretty Little Liars) or Ryan Gosling.
If it's people I want to make me laugh... then I'll hope John Krasinki, Jim Carrey, or the late Robin Williams.

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?
Little Asian. Big World.

(When I was in college, I was the only Asian girl in my group of friends. I was also the only girl from my high school to attend the college I went to. It was my first time to really explore the world without my family and friends.)

Q: YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
I would want to fly. Living in Hawaii makes traveling to various places very difficult. I'm jealous of my friends who can travel on Southwest FOR CHEAP.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?
"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together...there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...I'll always be with you." -- Winnie-the-Pooh

^ ^ At the end of the school year last year, I pasted this quote for my 4th graders. I also attached individual messages to each student. Many of my students held that quote true to them as they moved on to 5th grade this year :)

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 
"Superman" -- Taylor Swift

I will admit... she does have some good songs!

Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?
Morning person. I have no idea how to sleep in anymore :(

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?
I actually don't have a TPT store. With all the grade transitions, and the fact that I'm very particular about what I do, I don't feel like I'm ready to sell items I produced. Eventually though, and trust me, you'll know when I decide to :)

Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU!
Throughout in middle and high school, I was involved in school. I danced in the school of the arts program and participated in my school's Interact Club. But what many people don't know is that I was also in Student Government and a grade level class officer. My senior year of high school, I was Student Government President. Being able to make a difference in school, and meeting many of my peers through the experience, it all made me realize that I liked making a difference in people's lives (even if we were just in high school.)

Student Government Association 2006-2007



So there you have it.. an all about me! I hope you also link up with Stephanie from Falling Into First and meet other teacher bloggers. I know I'm a newbie in this great big blogging world, but I hope to become a little better at it. #keepcalmandblogon

6 comments:

  1. That's a lot of classrooms in such a short amount of time! I feel so lucky to have spent my whole time teaching so far in one school. I also love small boutiques, or rather I'm starting to. We don't have many around here, but there are a few and I love what I find there!

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell
    That Fancy Blog Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it has been! But, the most rewarding part about it has been getting the opportunity to touch upon multiple grades and figuring out which grade I like the best so early on :) Small boutiques are beneficial if you like clothes you probably wouldn't find anywhere else. In Hawaii, we even have boutiques in Downtown, Chinatown (which they're trying to redevelop), and my personal favorite in Kailua. Kailua is a beach suburban town on the Windward side of Oahu. Have fun exploring your town and post your finds!

      Thanks for checking out my blog :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Hawaii now that's cool. We should trade for a year and you can come to NY. Have a great year, enjoyed meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg you're adorable - I just followed a link to that Tweet Tweet post and saw your outfit - super cute!
    I have always wanted to visit Hawaii - and never thought about how expensive it is for you to travel. That has to be super annoying. Do you think you'll ever move to the mainland?
    Hope you get off to a great start whenever you begin this school year!
    Michelle
    BigTime Literacy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...