Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Meet the Teacher: Why?


Today's topic on Blog Hoppin' is the importance of organization. WHY you may ask it's so important?

I honestly think it is our responsibility to be organized. We always preach about modeling proper positive behaviors for our students, and I believe we should practice what we preach. Every child in my class has a planner. To help the children stay organize, I create a Weekly Homework section and a monthly calendar. I believe it's important for our students to learn both types of organizational tools. Starting September, students will be adding their own important dates in the class monthly calendar.


Furthermore, the classroom calendar is directly aligned with the Class Website and Blog through Google Calendar. So far these past several weeks, the children have been referring to the calendar and weekly homework schedules daily. I'm very impressed with their take on organization :)


What do you do in your classroom to stay organized? :)



1 comment:

  1. I am an adult and I have to confess: I am so bad with planning. Well, when I have lots of things to do, I always create a list. But I honestly understand that I should have an everyday planner. I think that such planner is vital for college students. They have so many duties and it is natural for them to miss the deadline for some custom written essays or a chemistry project. Your article is a great reminder for all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...