Sunday, January 4, 2015

Liebster Award 2.0

Happy New Year blogging loves :) Even though I'm on now 3 weeks of winter break.. it has been a very busy one for sure. I'm finally catching up on reading some blog posts.

I've just been nominated by the sweet Pili from Glitter and Gradebooks! Yay for Hawaii girls in the blogging world :) After being nominated, I have to answer these 11 questions, then nominate another 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to do the same!

Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I started blogging in late 2012 to document my journeys through my first teaching experiences. It was more for me to remind myself of the resources I used and my adventures as a beginning teacher.

What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Me. It's my favorite things. My journeys as a teacher. How I'm growing up. I don't feel it's just a teaching blog on one particular grade level. I definitely haven't had a normal teaching experience. But through it all.. I'm learning to stay true to me despite all of the challenges :)

Is there something you learned late in your blogging journey that you wish you had known before?
That I would attract different types of bloggers! I have some adorable fashionistas and even some teacher bloggers. I love the mix :)

What is your favorite past time other than blogging?
Going to the beach. Scrapbooking. Sewing. Spending time with my family & friends. But.. I like taking walks and some leisurely hikes too.

How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?
This is my first post in months. Its been difficult keeping tabs on this blog with all of the expectations this school year.

What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
Fashion blogs. Teaching blogs.

Where does your blog inspiration come from?
EVERYONE has been a role model to what I hope my blog will be and hopefully will become. So thank you friends!

Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
My Vegas and SF trips. It doesn't have anything to do with teaching.. but it was the last trip I went on. I love to travel.

Is there any post you've been planning to do but have been postponing?
I have a couple of posts that have been on the back burner. Trying to juggle a teaching and non-teaching life hasn't been as easy as I thought it would be.

What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
Blogging allows me to record various strategies I've used and also my favorite things throughout my journey -- not just through teaching, but also life in general. But most importantly, I'm able to meet some amazing people and read how their teaching experiences have been. I also like learning about their products that work!

Which recipe, project, or idea from my blog would you like to try yourself?
I guess the one thing many people have told me to do.. and one day I'll buy the licenses to make it happen.. I want to open my own TPT store. One day..

Now.. the moment you've all been waiting for.. drum roll pleeeeease..

*drum roll*

MY NOMINEES ARE..


(sorry I've been MIA.. so having 11 blogging friends was a challenge)

Hooray! Now that you've been nominated here are the official "rules" for accepting:

1. In your post link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out."
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers each. Provide them with 11 questions or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know they've been nominated and provide them with a link back to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so s/he can learn more about you as well. (You can just put your post link in the comments below).

I hope everyone had a wonderful start to this year :) I can feel it's going to be an amazing one!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I answered the questions, nominated 11 bloggers, and accepted my award! Check out my post! http://takemetothirdgrade.blogspot.com/2015/01/liebster-award.html

    Jenn
    Take Me to Third Grade

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...