Sunday, March 1, 2015

Currently: MARCH

Holy cannoli! Can you believe its March!? I certainly can't. This year is flying by from the seat of my pants (oh idioms.. too much work can't you tell?) Haven't done this in awhile, but I'm linking up with Farley's Currently.


Listening: Guess the secret's out now.. I love watching HGTV. One of the shows I like to watch during my free time is Love It or List It. I always root for Hillary LOL.

Loving: On Thursday, I observed 2 different schools with my grade level. It was a lot of fun to travel to different schools with my grade level to observe the amazingness that they offer. Next year, we're going to revamp our afternoon block completely. More on that when I have more time. One of the schools we observed was my high school.

Thinking: Now that it's March, my students are going through the SBA practice testing this week. Then, I have 1 week of instruction, 1 week of Spring Break, and then a week before actual SBA testing! Can I just say, WHEN AM I GOING TO TEACH!? :(

Wanting: Looking outside on this goregous day in Hawai`i nei, I WISH I COULD JUST RELAX AT THE BEACH! But, I need to use the computer so I must stay indoors.

Needing: I'm a teacher. I need my coffee. Coffee coffee C O F F E E !

Spring Break Plans: As much as I want to see my friends (but they'll all be working), I want to work on replanning my weeks post-Spring Break so I don't panic at the end of 4th quarter. Plus, I do need to do report cards. Who said breaks were actually breaks right?

I look forward to reading your currently! Linky up with Farley :)

7 comments:

  1. I agree; there's NEVER enough time!! I love that you're teaching in Hawaii; most of my family is there, too (Maui & Oahu). And it must be a weird teacher thing: I always look forward to breaks so I have time to plan more for school! Oh brother! Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! I've always been a workaholic! I like having extra time. I record all my ideas and then go back to it during break. Have you been to Oahu? There's so much construction going on in town!

      Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
    2. HAHA! I've always been a workaholic! I like having extra time. I record all my ideas and then go back to it during break. Have you been to Oahu? There's so much construction going on in town!

      Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. I'd love to go to the beach too! Wanna take me with you!?
    Blessings,

    Jessica

    Mrs. Stanford's Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! We should all have a blogger meet up in Oahu! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Whew! Yours sounds a lot like mine...I get those creative juices flowing and then can't turn them off, but there's never enough time to accomplish it all! Would love to know what you end up doing with your lesson plan revamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika!

      We actually plan as a grade level. I'm using Understanding by Design (UbD) formatting to assist in unit planning. It's also known as backwards design. Cross fingers that our thematic unit planning works out! I'll post progress as it goes along during Spring Break :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...